Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Honey Face Wash


 Exciting news! I have decided to wash my face with honey for the rest of the month. I have been working to find an alternative for my current face wash. I have used St. Ives for quite some time as well as a few other name brands and they have all worked relatively well. But as with most facial products they can be rather expensive and are loaded with chemicals. I am working to make a switch to as natural of personal care products as possible and I have access to an abundance of good honey.  

Why honey? It sounds weird but honey is a natural antibacterial. It has both cleaning and moisturizing properties which means it can clean skin without over drying it. Deep cleaning is something I need because of my acne-prone skin but commercial cleaners can dry out my skin too much. Honey has a nice balance. All you have to do for honey face wash is wet your face with warm water, massage the honey into your skin, allow to sit for a moment, rinse off and pat dry.

I am currently four days in to this experiment and I have noticed that my blemishes are healing faster than normal. My skin is also soft and clean after washing.  Plus honey is probably the tastiest cleanser ever!

I will post the results at the end of the month.  :)
 
If you want more info check out the Crunchy Betty Honey Challenge!

CCosner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...