Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Saturday Afternoon Fun

I had heard of the no-poo (No Shampoo) fad that is going on lately. I read about it on this blog. It really intrigued me so I decided to give it a try. The results were pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised. According to the plan, you stop using shampoo and instead wash your hair with  baking soda and vinegar. At first your scalp will rebel and continue it hyper-active oil production, but over time it will even out and your hair will be healthy and clean minus the toxic chemicals. From what I have read it can take up to three weeks to get things to stabilize. I am not sure that I can ride that out right now but maybe this summer I will give it a go.

I did try one no-poo washing and was happy with how my hair looked and felt. I do not wash my hair super often, once every other or every third day so maybe the transition might not be as bad. I think it is pretty cool to be able to use these simple ingredients for hair cleaning.

Of course, these things prompted me to take a look at the chemicals in many of my personal care product. This is a topic that never ceases to depress me. Even the most benign of products can have a raft of nasty chemicals in them. You can check your personal care products at the Cosmetics Database. They have lists of good and bad products so that you can make a different choice. I have slowly began to weed out my old products and will be replacing them with something better soon. Dr. Bonner's All in One might be the answer to my prayers.

I found another minimalist blog. Happy happy happy. I find them so inspiring.

I also will have to post pictures of dinner. I have been working on it all day. :)

Happy Saturday!
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...